Background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Couch to 5k + Other Updates

A girl that I work with told the store about the Color Run, which is a 5k run where you wear white and each mile you go a powdered color gets thrown at you and by the time you're done you're a giant rainbow of awesome. Check out the video below for a more accurate visual of the Color Run:



Okay, so now for the embarrassing part. I haven't ran in who knows how long, the last timed mile I ran was in elementary school and I clocked in at 14+ minutes. Also, in my last living arrangement, being healthy wasn't high on the priority list, so I've gained quite a bit and, as horrible as this is to admit, I weigh 225lbs at 5'1"...pathetic, I know. But today is starting a new chapter. I am going to start the Couch to 5k so in 9 weeks I can run (yes run) the Color Run. I'm starting at week 2 in the program because I have been exercising and there's only 9 weeks before the run. I'm going to take some before pictures of my self and do some measurements so I have something to compare to, but I'm feeling optimistic about it!

Now comes the even crazier part, the Color Run takes place in Grand Rapids on August 5th. Relay for Life (a 24 hour walk to raise money/awareness for cancer research is the day before the run. THEN the day after the run I have a photo session at 11am and then I'm leaving for a vacation to North Carolina. I am going to be EXHAUSTED while I'm driving down, but it's going to be completely worth every sore muscle and gallon of sweat. I can not wait to see results, it's going to be amazing! I know it's not going to happen in the 9 weeks, but I want to at least get back to 150lbs where I was in 2007.

UPDATE ON JOB HUNTING: So far it hasn't been going so well. I had one interview for an internship, but I didn't get that position. I've kind of put it on the back burner and am content with working at Makeup Geek for now. It pays well and I get as many hours as I need so really that's all that matters.

13 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot going on, but you'll have so much fun. I'm doing the color run this year too! In Oregon though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will for sure be exhausted after all that but totally worth it! It will make you appreciate your vacation even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all best of luck on the couch to 5k.... I started it 3 weeks ago. It's been tough and there have definitely been times I wanted to quit (especially since my ankle is acting up) but I keep plugging along.
    Secondly I have to know what is that powder stuff they are throwing in the video.
    Lastly YAYYYYY NC..... outer banks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your Couch to 5k!!! The powdered stuff is 100% natual (the Color Run website says it's basically cornstarch). And a couple of friends and I are going down there to get tattoos :) We're going to be in Ashville!

      Delete
  4. Very cool! This is actually on my to do list too! I want to go next year when Im not pregnant anymore. Im using it as motivation to get back in shape! Relay for Life is awesome too! I can't believe your going to do both back to back but like you said.. it's all worth it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Color Run is AWESOME!!! You're going to have a great time! And don't even sweat it, a lot of people do the race just because it's fun and end up walking the whole thing. You'll be fine and among good company no matter what your pace is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! I did the couch to 5k plan earlier this year and it is totally worth sticking to! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the C25K! I love that program!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!!! I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. freaking awesome! thanks for sharing :))

    ReplyDelete